Thank you for all of your GENEROUS donations to The Food Pantry of Waukesha County at our annual Shakespeare Christmas Party!
We had a GREAT time with you at our party (once again!). Make sure you check out the photographic evidence of Christmas Party Fun here!
We’d like to give The Food Pantry of Waukesha County a little extra nudge (and plug) as Christmas approaches and the need increases. The Food Pantry of Waukesha County started humbly in 1978 in the basement of a volunteer’s home. They now serve over 5,700 residents a month and foster compassion and hope throughout the community. In addition to food, they provide goods and services, and work with clients to make them more self-sufficient. Their clients are mostly children, working poor and people who have fallen under tough times.
Over the years they’ve supported and built strong partnerships through the community and are now involved in a number of services all over the county as a result. With their success they began providing items like household, hygiene and baby products, which are not covered by government aid.
To provide food, hope and dignity to county residents in need and advocate to increase awareness of hunger in the community through collaborative action.
A future without hunger in Waukesha County.
Spread the Word:
Encourage people to use the Pantry when hit by an economic hardship. Often people have been laid off from their jobs, had hours reduced or have otherwise experienced a reduction in income and are yet unsure if they are eligible for services. Share the message that people should use the Pantry at these times so that monetary resources can be maximized for housing costs, COBRA insurance costs and other necessary expenses.
This week we are happy to donate $100 to an organization that is feeding the hungry at Christmas time.
The Food Pantry provides more than food to our clients. Some clients can’t make it to the Food Pantry, have special dietary needs or require additional resources. Through collaborations with other advocacy groups, expertise in accessing government funding and an astute awareness of the needs of our clients, we provide a number of additional services for those who need them.
- Delivering to the homes of clients who cannot travel to the Food Pantry due to age or disability
- Collecting and distributing good food that otherwise would have been wasted by food producers, purveyors, farmers, caterers and restaurants through the Food Recovery Program
- Providing additional food to income-eligible clients as an agent of the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA)
- Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Distributing pre-packaged boxes of food to low-income senior housing sites through Stockbox, a program in collaboration with the USDA and Wisconsin’s Hunger Task Force that helps clients sit together and enjoy a full meal
- Catering to clients with certain allergies or with particular dietary needs through the Special Diet Program
To learn if you qualify for any of these services, call 262-542-5300.
To make a Christmas donation, click here!