Transform a student’s life.
Across the nation, we are experiencing a massive and increasing need for skilled workers.
American businesses are positioning themselves for growth. Meanwhile, our current workforce is aging, and tomorrow’s workforce is not finding their way to technical careers. Students have limited exposure to technical training, and so few are choosing these valuable careers.
Educators, businesses and communities – working together – have the power to solve this growing workforce gap. GPS Education Partners can help bring the right partners to the table to work together to develop tomorrow’s workforce and unlock the potential in your communities, businesses, schools and students. They’re the only nonprofit in the country bridging key community stakeholders to develop and accelerate the employability of tomorrow’s workforce.
GPS Education Partners was launched in 2000, educating five students from a single school and partnering with one business. The class of 2016 had 86 graduates. GPS has expanded pathways for students with exposure, experience and credentialed opportunities. This includes new credentialed pathways such as certified Welding Technician, Machining Technician and Industrial Maintenance Technician. They’ve supported 15 different trades that are vital to the state’s economy.
Today we are donating $100 to GPS Education Partners, because we love what they are doing. Your support helps GPS Education Partners deliver an immersive, work-based technical education model to students who love and embrace it. Give today to help students create pathways that start in high school, advance through their education, and incorporate apprenticeship opportunities that lead to high-demand, well-paying technical careers.
- We work with you to design your curriculum that meets your specific graduation requirements while also aligning with industry-specific and job-specific training and technical certifications. Here, students also have the potential to earn stackable credits where learning experiences are recognized by high schools, technical colleges and industry experts.
- While other youth apprenticeship programs only offer job shadowing or simulated experiences, we place a high premium on real, work-based learning. We work with you to develop programs that can provide up to 1,500 hours of on-the-job training.
- By exposing students to a variety of technical pathways early on, we help students discover their interests and aptitudes. This helps students find their purpose and act on their plan to achieve it, setting them up for successful careers and continued education.
- Our proprietary learning management system allows users to track and measure students’ progress and competencies while each student charts out their courses and career paths.
- Even though manufacturing and technical industries in America are growing and offer competitive careers, 94 percent of students are not interested in the skilled trades due to lack of exposure and training. We work with you to recruit and develop the next generation of talent based on the skills and culture that your company needs.
- Our experts will recognize areas where apprentices can learn and grow in your organization, picking up the hard and soft skills that align with your business needs.
- We believe that leaders exist in every organization who have not been recognized yet. We’ll work with businesses to identify and train mentors, ready to pass along technical knowledge and valuable life skills to young people. It’s the best way for a company to give back to its community and develop new leaders.
For the community:
- Good things happen when businesses and educators work together to transform our communities. We show you how to foster the right strategic partnerships that lead to student employability — strengthening our communities and promoting workforce development.
- We provide relationship management tools to foster ongoing collaboration with key partners.
- We understand that sustainability is key to launching new workforce training programs. Funding is available for viable youth apprenticeship programs through foundations and grants in your state. We’ll work with you to identify those opportunities, navigate through the application processes and capture the much-needed outcomes to report on your success.
Students who participate in the GPS Education Partners’ program have the opportunity to graduate career ready and with:
- High school diploma from home high school
- Youth Apprenticeship Certificate
- MSSC Certified Production Technician Certificate
- ACT National Career Readiness Certificate
- Pathways to meaningful careers
- Opportunities to earn postsecondary credit
- Hard skills, soft skills, and life skills