4 out of 10 children are born to single women. Over 51% of these women are single due to divorce or death of their spouse. Nearly 72% of all poor children in the metro Milwaukee area are headed by single mothers. This week Shakespeare Wealth Management is donating to the HOPE Network to support single mothers in our area.
HOPE Network for Single Mothers is a volunteer-based grass roots support system for single mothers and single pregnant women living in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties. It provides emotional and material support to single mothers and their children. HOPE Network assists both Mothers & Children in building a strong future for themselves. This has included donating 83 scholarships for single mothers to go back to school & finish their education.
Founded by Gail Grenier Sweet in 1982 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization, HOPE Network programs are designed to help mothers gain a sense of community, enhance their parenting skills, and develop self-reliance.
Children are our future. And HOPE Network is here to aid mothers in creating a better future for themselves and their children.
These services are available to all HOPE Network members:
- Portable Crib program
- Educational daycare tuition grant program for mothers returning to school beyond high school.
- Quarterly newspaper and monthly update filled with free and inexpensive resources for parenting education, community agencies, and family fun.
- Want ads in monthly and quarterly publications.
- Community building events for mothers and their children.
- Mothers’ Trading Post and other free clothing banks.
- Collaborates with Christ Child Society Second Saturday Support Group where moms and their young children gather for fun, activities, lunch, and prizes.
Please join us in donating to Hope Network!