But if we each make a small sacrifice for our heroes, we can make a huge impact.
Soldiers’ Angels offers programs for wounded, deployed, veterans, families, and others.
May No Soldier Go Unloved
“May No Soldier Go Unloved” encapsulates the motivation behind Soldiers’ Angels. The volunteers of Soldiers’ Angels work tirelessly supporting our nation’s veterans, wounded heroes, deployed service members and their families.
Soldiers’ Angels provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and a growing veteran population.
In 2016 alone, Soldiers’ Angels provided over $15 million in aid to over 360,000 service members, veterans, wounded heroes, and military families. Through the Deployed Support Programs, combat deployed service members were supported with 24,350 care packages and 148,984 letters. The Veteran Support Program served over 10,133 veterans with food assistance and handed out over 42,000 items bedside to patients in VA Hospitals across the country. Through the seasonal Adopt-A-Family program, Soldiers’ Angels volunteers “adopted” 1,056 military families, that included 2,894 military children. New and expectant wives of combat deployed as well as active duty female service members were provided nearly 2,000 baby shower items to help them welcome their new bundles of joy. Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are the heart of the organization and logged over 155,000 volunteer hours just in 2016! Soldiers’ Angels has also maintained a 97% Efficiency Rating for the past two years and has become one of the highest rated nonprofits in the country.
Today we are donating $100 to Soldier’s Angels to show our support. There are several ways to get involved – find the option that is best for you!
Below is a list of the various Soldiers’ Angels programs and teams.
- VAs We Serve – The list of hospitals where Soldiers’ Angels is authorized is continuously growing.
- VA Hospital Support – Soldiers’ Angels volunteers are authorized to work in over 30 VA Hospitals across the country providing support in a variety of ways.
- Stand Down Support – Participation in “Stand Downs” organized by VA Hospitals.
- Homeless/Low Income Veteran Support – Soldiers’ Angels hosts and organizes events and initiatives that benefit homeless & low income veterans.
- Corporate Engagement Opportunities – Soldiers’ Angels organizes many different opportunities for corporations and organizations to sponsor & participate in programs that give back directly to our veteran community.
- Angel Bakers Team – Support a service member with one-time care package of baked goods.
- Cards Plus Team – Support the military community with cards of celebration and encouragement.
- Chaplain Support Team – Support the Chaplains who support our service members.
- Deployed Adoptions Team – Support a service member throughout their deployment.
- Ladies of Liberty Team – Support female service members with a one-time care package.
- Letter Writing Team – Support service members with a one-time letter writing opportunity.
- Special Operations Forces Team – Support Special Operations and Special Forces service members throughout their deployment.
- Soldiers’ Angels Landstuhl, Germany – Supporting medevac’d wounded/ill and medical staff at Landstuhl.
- Valor-IT – Providing adaptive laptops for the severely wounded or injured.
- Adopt-A-Family Team – Support a military family this holiday season.
- Living Legends Team – Support and comfort the loved ones left behind when a warrior falls while in the performance of military duty.
- Operation Top Knot Team – Support expectant spouses of deployed service members and expectant active duty female service members by providing virtual baby showers.
- Sewing and Crafting Team – Support veterans, service members and their families by creating handmade gifts.
- Women of Valor Team – Support female caregivers of Post 9/11 wounded, ill and injured service members.