Financial Planning for a Career Change
You’ve had a successful career and are doing well financially, but you’re at a point in life where you want to try something new. You have thought about pursuing work that is more meaningful, less stressful, and provides more flexibility than your current career. As you consider this life transition, we will help you answer the following questions:
- Can I afford to quit my career job and pursue a different line of work?
- What is the financial impact if I work an additional year or two before making the change?
- What are my options regarding health insurance?
- What benefits will I give up when I leave my job?
- Do I need to adjust my lifestyle to account for reduced income?
- Do I need to develop new skills or experience before I pursue this change?
We will help you understand all of the issues that go with this major life transition, ensuring you’re fully prepared before you quit your “day job.” We look at this life transition holistically - financially, emotionally and in terms of career satisfaction. It doesn’t exist in a vacuum. It impacts every part of your life and it’s important to understand a potential career change within this larger context.