College Savings Plans - 529 Plans & More
You dream of a better life for your children and grandchildren and know education is the key to a strong financial future. You’re also aware of the high costs of a college education, and need to balance your college goals with your retirement goals. There are numerous college saving programs, but which one is right for you?
Shakespeare will help you formulate a college savings plan within the context of your overall financial plan. We will help you answer several key questions:
- What tax credits, if any, are available for my children when they get to college?
- What is the FAFSA Form and does it apply to our situation?
- Is there a way to negotiate the tuition of a college down to a more manageable level?
- How do 529 plans work and which one is right for me?
- Should I be gifting securities to my child to leverage their lower tax rate to help pay for college?
- How do I incentivize my child to take college seriously and what percentage can they afford to pay?
College planning is a long term goal for many people. Shakespeare will be with you throughout your journey as your children or grandchildren progress towards their goals. As they receive their high school diploma, we’ll ensure you’re ready to help them earn their college diploma.