Tax Planning Services
Is your tax liability as low as possible?
For some, taxes are the single largest recurring expense incurred over their lifetime. Yet, because many don’t understand the importance of tax planning, they end up taking a reactive approach to their taxes. For higher income earners, this can be disastrous. A proactive approach must be taken to reduce tax liability.
Postpone & Avoid Taxes
An effective tax planning strategy does just that; it harnesses a proactive approach to reduce, postpone, and even avoid taxes, making it a critical part of the overall financial planning process.
By garnering a comprehensive understanding of your current and future incomes—and working collaboratively with your tax professional—our team will formulate a strategy that will help you protect the capital and assets you’ve worked so hard to build, and in turn, allow you to save and invest more.
The Shakespeare Difference
We pride ourselves in developing the best tax planning solutions for each of our clients. We do this by:
- Understanding and taking full advantage of beneficial tax-law provisions
- Uncovering tax deductions and tax credits
- Harnessing all applicable breaks available under the Internal Revenue Code
- But most importantly, we get to know and understand you and your unique situation. We’ve found that the only way to provide the highest level of advice is to get to know our clients on a one-on-one basis. We start with a detailed checklist that provides a comprehensive look at your financials.
Tax Planning Strategies and Tactics We Specialize In
We offer comprehensive tax planning for high-income individuals and families ($1,000,000+ in investable assets) in the Milwaukee area. Our services include:
- Maximizing retirement plans
- Planning charitable contributions
- Income planning
- Tax bracket maximization
- Business ownership
- Roth conversion strategies
- Bunching tax deductions
- Pre-tax savings accounts
- Tax credits
- College savings plans (529 plans)
- Traditional IRAs
- Roth IRAs
- Home ownership
- Avoiding tax cliffs
- Long-term care deductions
- Long-term care premiums
- Family planning